In our final cut of the organizations listed below we decided to not follow the following groups:
- Amnesty International
- United to End Racism (UER)
- Crossroads Antiracism Organization & Training (CAOT)
- We didn't want the NAACP because it is a more well known organization that is almost too easy to follow, we as members of this group wanted something more difficult and not as obvious as choosing the NAACP.
- Although Amnesty International is a sturdy organization, there is little that we could do to stay active in the organization simply because it is more of a letter written/petition signing organization that works through each petition signed.
- The UER was a good organization but it lacked updated information for us to work with and we wanted to make sure that all that we do from now on was up to date and in the present time.
- CAOT is a positive organization, yet it focuses more on the corporational and internal business aspect of racism and trying to remove racial profiling from the system. Although they have a good cause and drive, it was not what we were look for in the long run of becoming active in our community.